Dr Samer Noaman - Cardiologist
Dr Samer Noaman is an interventional cardiologist and researcher. He performs coronary and structural heart interventions in addition to general cardiology practice.
He undertook Physician and Cardiology training at Western and Alfred Health in Victoria. He completed a PhD through the University of Melbourne focusing on improving the outcomes and recovery of patients following heart attacks and investigated the current role of coronary physiology in clinical practice. He has published in several peer-reviewed journals and presented at multiple national and international conferences. He continues his clinical research at Alfred Health, Baker IDI and Western Health.
He undertook sub-specialty fellowship training in structural heart disease interventions at the Alfred Hospital and won the prestigious Geoff Mews Memorial Fellows Prize for his work in cardiogenic shock advanced therapies in 2020.
Dr Noaman performs procedures at Epworth Richmond Hospital, Western Health and Alfred Health.
- Coronary angioplasty, stents, intra-coronary imaging including intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Coronary functional assessment including microvascular physiology and coronary vasospasm testing.
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) closure.
- Aortic valve balloon valvuloplasty.
- Percutaneous aortic valve replacement (Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Implantation – TAVI).