Dr Tim Coughlan - Nephrologist
Dr Coughlan is a Warragul-based nephrologist consulting in all areas of Renal medicine. He obtained Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in 2017 having trained in Renal Medicine at the Alfred, Monash and Eastern Health Renal units. He obtained his medical degree from the University of Sydney in 2009, having returned to Australia after receiving a Basic Science degree from the University of Cambridge in 2005. He is a Staff Specialist in Nephrology at Latrobe Regional Hospital, consults in Renal medicine across Gippsland and admits private inpatients at Maryvale Private Hospital. Tim is also an Adjunct Senior Lecturer with the Monash School of Rural Health and holds an honorary appointment at Monash Health.
Tim moved to Warragul in 2019 with his young family and is passionate about delivering high quality renal services to the Gippsland community.
He welcomes new referrals for a wide range of Renal conditions including, but not limited to:
- Acute kidney injury
- Chronic kidney disease
- Glomerulonephritis and non-glomerular inflammatory renal disorders
- Essential and secondary hypertension
- Satellite and home-based dialysis therapies
- Transplantation work-up and care of post-transplant recipients, in conjunction with their parent hospital
- Renal tubular disorders and recurrent nephrolithiasis
- Inherited and congenital renal disorders